It was fantastic to see so many of our customers attend our User Group in Barcelona. We welcomed over 80 delegates from almost 30 airlines and aviation businesses, who all came together to collaborate, network, and learn about our company’s product roadmap.
Collaborating and co-developing with customers is a key feature of our business. Since 2001, we have continuously worked with airlines and industry partners to develop new functionality that addresses fuel and cost management challenges and requirements. This remains a priority for us. Events like this User Group are therefore vitally important, because they enable our customers to provide feedback and influence our solution roadmaps
Learning, networking and sharing best practice
We organized a packed agenda for the two days, which included: company updates and new product demos; networking and social time; breakout sessions to gather customer feedback and requirements; and sessions run by airline customers who shared best practice.
- The first reveal of our next-generation platform, which has been co-developed with Atlas Air
- A keynote speech from Jeff Green, Principal at management consultants Oliver Wyman, covering important developments in the airline industry
- A demo of our new Sustainable Aviation Fuel functionality and ESG vision
- A sumptuous 4-course gala dinner, held on the 19th Floor of Hotel Sofia, offering spectacular panoramic views of Barcelona
- Best practice fuel and cost management sessions run by customers such as DHL, Ryan Air, Spirit Airlines and Deutsche Lufthansa
Plans for 2024
Feedback on the User Group has been very positive, so we intend to make it an annual event. We are now reviewing comments from this year’s survey to find out what was most popular, as well as where improvements can be made. Here are some of those comments:
“A great event which clearly defined the future roadmap for Skymetrix. It was very useful for me to connect to other airlines and hear first-hand the challenges they are facing. Thank you Skymetrix for organizing this event and I look forward to attending the next one.”
“A very positive and open atmosphere where it was very easy to speak to everybody.”
Roll on the 2024 event! We hope you will join us.